7.24.2008

Welcome - From Liz

Hello and welcome to our family blog!

As soon as I created the title for this blog, I had second thoughts about it. The phrase "while away" brings lots of things to mind for me. Some of them include a good book, a glass of lemonade, a wrap-around porch overlooking a lake, the beach, a field of corn or flowers, a cozy blanket by a fire, a tall tree to climb, a ballgame, sled-riding, a long walk, snow storms, summertime, museums, bike rides, and roadtrips - just to name a few. To be honest, it's late July and I can't remember the last time I whiled away at anything. I know we're young and we should feel ambitious and work-oriented, but I have a feeling Chris will agree when I say that I'm ready to get off of the beltway and out of my cubicle for some quality whiling. We have some planned for August in Myrtle Beach, SC. I'll be sure to post about it here!

Liz

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The last time I whiled away was this morning, when I was supposed to be on the phone!!

Mike said...

I wonder if there is any minimum time you need to spend at it to qualify as whiling? I mean, I wouldn't want to think I was whiling when, in reality, I was only musing. Plus, I think if you while too long, it may turn into woolgathering.