8.22.2008

You CAN teach old people new tricks

As I mentioned previously, Myrtle Beach is the mini-golf capital of the WORLD. So it's only fitting that we take in 18 holes at the WORLD'S #1 ranked mini-golf course. In the WORLD. The course appeared neat and great and the guy at the counter appeared really nice. And really old. His extreme oldness was confirmed when he told us that he only accepted CASH. I began wondering if this was also the OLDEST mini-golf course in the WORLD.

So it was quite a surprise when we approached the first hole and a sign alerted us to this: the hole has a LIVE WEB CAM. We were stunned. I was skeptical. So here's what I did: I called my grandma. Who else would appreciate seeing her grandson and her granddaughter-in-law mini-golfing more than her? No one. And if this old guy can host a live web cam, surely I can walk Grandma through the steps to see it for herself! I gave her the Web site and sure enough, within 15 minutes, she was on the site. Soon after, she exclaimed this: "There you are!" Success. The live web cam was legit! Grandma was legit! Then I did the unthinkable: I walked Grandma through a screen shot. She did it again! She was copying and pasting like a PC professional! Below is the result of her hard work and determination.


Pelican's-eye view of Liz and I golfing on the first hole

For a few minutes, Liz and I were golfing before the entire world. And thanks to two old people, me and Liz know what we looked like on the first hole of the WORLD'S #1 ranked mini-golf course!







Chris

No comments: